Section 80G offers a tax deduction for donations to certain prescribed funds & charitable organizations.This section is applicable to all assesses, who makes donation, whether HUF, NRI, an individualor or company.For certain funds, the aggregate deduction is limited to 10% of the “Adjusted Gross Total Income”. So, in such cases, even if you do make a donation larger than 10% of your Adjusted Gross Total Income, the donation amount eligible for claiming a deduction would be capped at 10% of the Adjusted Gross Total Income.
- Registered organization.
- The NGO should not have any incomes which are not exempted, such as business income.
- The Organization is not working for the benefit of particular religious community or caste.
- The NGO maintains regular accounts of its receipts & expenditures.
- Name, address and status of applicant, the district/ ward circle where assessed/PAN number.
- Audited Balance Sheet, Profit& Loss Account or Income& Expenditure Account for the latest year and two preceding years.
- Formation documents like trust deed, rules & regulation, memorandum of association etc. and registration certificate, if any.
- Name & Addresses of the members.
- Record during the 3 years preceding from the date of application.
- Particulars of the activities of 3 years preceding the date of application or since inception if the association or institution is less than 3 years old.
- Such other information as the association or institution may like to place.
80G registration for NGO & trust, Vaibhav Tripathi, Advocate in Allahabad